Friday, August 17, 2018

2018-19 PROGRAM STARTING UP

8/18/18

On Monday, 8/20/18, I will hold the first meeting to gather new volunteers for the school year.  There seems to be a lot of interest this year and I hope that we are able to fulfill everyones expectations.  Monday will be the first session where I explain our program and it's history.  The second session will be about sea turtle biology, ecology and conservation and the third session will be about the ins and outs, do's and don'ts of field work. 

I look forward to starting the field season with our first trip to Kiholo Bay on Sept. 10,2018.  Our second trip will be to Mauna Lani Bay on Sept. 25, 2018. 

It has been an exciting beginning week of school and I think we are off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HPA Microplastics Workshop

Most plastics in the ocean break up into very small particles . These small plastic bits are called "microplastics." Other plastic...